Live in the Grey (LITG) was founded in January 2013 as a movement that challenges the work/life divide and encourages authentic living in and out of the workplace. Live in the Grey has built a highly engaged community through live events and online content, working with supporters and partners including lululemon athletica, Warby Parker, Charlie Rose and Major League Soccer. Now, we’re building on our momentum by applying our unique perspective to company culture. Live in the Grey seeks to make an impact on the future of work through innovative in-person experiences that build connected, fulfilled and impactful culture.
In 2016, Live in the Grey will increase its impact through events and conferences. We are looking for an experienced event producer who is excited to take on the unique opportunity of shaping LITG’s experiential strategy and leading its execution.
Who We’re Looking For
Are you passionate about producing impactful experiences? Are you hyper-organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated? Can you thrive in the messy, exciting world of startups while working comfortably with seasoned executive and within corporate settings?
Our ideal Events Producer is a project manager who can coordinate moving parts and tackle challenges creatively, while also adding to our optimistic, welcoming team culture. They are a proactive, resourceful and strategic planner. They are also excited to apply their event expertise and creativity to help people feel more authentic and fulfilled in the workplace.
Skills & Requirements
- 5+ years of relevant event production experience
- Track-record of executing successful productions, including a conference
- Experience managing detailed production budgets (large and small)
- Experience negotiating event related contracts, proposals and agreements
- Broad network of contacts in event production and hospitality space
- Experience hitting (and exceeding) profit targets
- Ability to travel as we produce projects and events across state and country
- Wants to produce inspiring, impactful work
- Experience producing transformational events (self development, corporate workshops, retreats, etc.)
- Sponsorship and partner acquisition experience
- Knowledge of digital marketing and PR to drive event attendance
- Startup experience
- Network of contacts in the company culture space
As Event Producer, your primary responsibility will be to produce an annual conference and a series of smaller experiences designed to transform people and cultures.
- Skillfully plan and execute all event experiences -- including the marquis event for 2016, a company culture conference in upstate New York
- Develop and produce 3-5 annual experiences for LITG’s robust community
- Manage production schedules and logistics, including travel, meals & lodging
- Source and negotiate contracts with venues and vendors
- Coordinate scheduling and travel for speakers and VIPs
- Build out all event programming, including speakers acquisition
- Build pricing structure based on thorough competitive analysis
- Track and monitor event attendance goals
- Work cross-functionally (internally and externally) to ensure all event collateral, marketing materials, assets, and deadlines are managed
- Develop project documentation including: deliverable timelines, production schedules, run of show, etc.
- Oversee and manage budget; meet profit goals
To apply, please email email@example.com, note your interest in the position in the subject line & include a link to your LinkedIn profile.